CAMP SCHOLARSHIPS Available March 1st, 2018!
Camp Moonlight is proud to offer an expanded Scholarship program! Campers may now apply for the following scholarship opportunities.
- Academic Achievement - Applicants must have excelled academically AND/OR be participating in a gifted program from the last school year. A letter from the applicant’s teacher or principal stating the applicant is in a gifted or honors program OR a copy of the applicant’s most recent report card AND a letter of recommendation from a teacher or administrator must be submitted with the application.
- Leadership – Applicants must demonstrate exceptional leadership in their school and/or community. Applicant must submit an essay describing his/her leadership role in his/her community or school and include pictures, news articles, or other supporting information about these activities.
- Special Circumstances - Applicants in this category must have a letter from a teacher, administrator, or guidance counselor stating how the applicant would benefit from a week at Camp Moonlight. Application must also include a letter written by the applicant discussing how connecting to nature would benefit them.
- Financial Need - Applicants in this category must either be in a low income family or receiving government assistance. To apply, send a letter from your child’s school principal stating the applicant is receiving free or reduced lunch at the school OR a copy of a letter from a government agency stating the applicant’s family is receiving government assistance (i.e., Food Stamps, Medicaid, HUD) must be submitted with the application.
Camp Scholarships are funded through the generous contributions of the Moonlight Community Foundation and its supporters.
APPLY FOR A SCHOLARSHIP
- Scholarship applications will be available March 1st through Women In Action- LINK TO FORM!
- If applying for one of the scholarships above, please complete the detailed necessities and send all materials to email@example.com
- Completed forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by APRIL 27th!!!! Recipients will be notified by April 31st.
- All scholarship recipients are required to pay a minimum of $25 processing fee and a 3% resort tax on the full registration cost. Those campers who are awarded a scholarship will receive instructions on applying the scholarship to your payment.
HARBOR KINGSTON DEWAARD
CAMP MOONLIGHT COMMUNITY SERVICE AWARD
Harbor deWaard was a shining light in Big Sky – a little boy who valued community service and helping others. An adventurous soul, Harbor loved exploring the bottom of rivers, the top of Lone Peak and everything in between. He had a sweet, beautiful smile, a kind and caring heart, and was one of the brightest stars to shine at Camp Moonlight.
It is in that spirit that the Moonlight Community Foundation is honored to announce the Harbor Kingston deWaard Camp Moonlight Community Service Award! This will be gifted to one camper each session at Camp Moonlight. Full tuition will be awarded to the applicants who best demonstrate what community service in Big Sky means to them.
Applicants age 8-13 should submit an essay, and campers age 5-7 a hand drawn picture. Winners will have their name placed on a plaque, be acknowledged in print and online, and will receive a Camp Moonlight cape to serve as a reminder of the little superhero in all of us. The 2018 scholarships will be available March 1st. Please submit them to email@example.com or deliver them to the front office of Ophir School in care of Jeremy Harder
Congratulations to our 2017 Awardees: HArper Morris and Dylan Manka and our 2016 Harbor deWaard Community Service Award recipientS,
Charlee Sue Dreisbach and Logan Barker!