Camp Moonlight has been made possible by the generous sponsors and volunteers of the Moonlight Community Foundation.
Camp Moonlight takes place July 23 - 26 & July 30 - August 2
registration is full. click here to sign up for our email list.
2018 Camp Moonlight registration is $475*
do you or your spouse work in big sky? sign up for our "big sky works" rate this season at $400. this rate is available to families where at least one parent works for a big sky business.**
Each registration includes:
- 4 days of camp activities and programs with curriculum custom-designed for each age group. Elect to enroll your child in one 4-day session or both. Camp takes place from 9am-4pm each day.
- Special back-country overnight trip for Bears!
- Meals – Each day, campers will be served a healthy lunch and morning & afternoon snacks.
- Camp Moonlight T-shirt and Nalgene water bottle
- Campers' families are invited to a BBQ on the last day of camp. This is a chance for campers to share what they've learned, and enjoy fun activities with their families!
*Includes $25 non-refundable registration processing fee
** You will be asked to provide proof of employment with a Big Sky Business at time of registration.
a great number of Camp Scholarships are available to qualifying campers, made possible by the Moonlight Community Foundation.
Be sure to check out our newly expanded scholarship criteriA!
Camp Moonlight will be based out of the Madison Village Base Area at Big Sky Resort, July 23-26 and July 30- August 2. Each day of the two, 4-day camps will be filled with activities and adventures, appropriate to each age group. Space is available for up to 75 campers per session.
Age 5 Otters
Ages 6-7 Bobcats
Ages 8-10 Wolverines
Ages 11-13 Bears
Ages 14-17 Junior guides**
Camp Programming & Curriculum
Camp Moonlight is an adventure oriented program that emphasizes education, awareness and conservation values while fostering a greater appreciation for the natural world. Camp participants will improve their fitness, develop a greater self-awareness, make new friends and learn to work in a team oriented environment.
Camp activities and educational topics may include:
- Canoeing and water safety
- Horseback riding; horse safety and care
- Wildlife identification and tracking
- Water sampling, creeks and lakes
- Explore Microworlds
- Plant identification
- Natural history
- Navigation and route finding
- Outdoor survival skills, wildlife safety
- Native American culture
- Outdoor Yoga & Tai Chi
- Connecting with Nature
- Outdoor cooking
- Fly fishing & fish habitat
- Special 2-night backcountry trip for our oldest group, the Bears!
Camp Moonlight Values:
- Educational programming
- Individual and community growth
- Respect for individuals
- Respect for the land and the wildlife with which we share it
A well-equipped camper is a happy camper! Click the link below for a list of things your child should bring to camp each day.
Camp Moonlight would like to thank Natural Retreats for donating camper transportation needs! Please visit www.naturalretreats.com for more info. Camp Moonlight would also like to thank Lone Mountain Ranch for their generosity in donating our Equine Program. Please visit LMR for more information or to make a reservation for your family's own trail rides and more!